Monday, September 8, 2008

Slide Rock in Sedona

We had a fun Labor Day in Sedona where the temperature was about 80 degree verses 110 degrees in Phoenix, it was so refreshing not to mention beautiful. We attempted to go to Slide Rock when Ashley graduated from high school right before she left for Alaska and eventually Oregon...but we were rained out. This time we had gorgeous weather. Here are all the kids, they couldn't wait to get in, man was it slick, people were dropping like flies, I said there was no way I was going in and killing myself. Kirk, Jamie and I sat and watched and helped herd kids, and play spotter...there were these areas of flattish rocks, and then a mini rapid, the kids can all swim except the three that are two and under. Those 3 did not want to be held or restrained in any way...they wanted in!!!
Kirk and Regen...who wanted in the water.
"Watch me grandma"...we temporarily lost him, he went on his own up a few hundred feet to a higher slide spot and after a scary 10 minutes we found him.
" Look, the water is red!" Cute little Cameron.
Ashley and Regen.... ready, set, I want in! On April's camera I got some cute shots of Regen, she had a blast sliding on one very shallow rock on her hands and knees. She squealed with joy, it was really cute.
This shot gives a better idea of what it looks like, some spots are real shallow, and some are over your head, I watched people just disappear and then reappear, Kris did...he was walking in with Cameron, and sploosh, down he went, he held Cameron up and pushed him onto a flat rock. Crazy. Here is Alanna, Kylee in the foreground and Ashlynn behind Alanna.
Tyler
Bathing beauties
Finally, a shot of Tristen...he doesn't stand still!
Ashley and Regen taking a break...the many rocks made great chairs.
April and Devon...neat idea with the life vest...he felt like he was on his own, but mom had him safe and sound. If you look at all the people, they are stepping ever so carefully. Tennis shoes or water shoes is a must for next time. This is good shot too, you can see how it goes down to one of the mini rapids and then you slide into a pool and you can just keep going aways down the river. We want to go again, that was fun!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Dude! That looks so cool! What a fun place to spend the day! Ilove it-Iwant to go there. It is like an free water park or amusement ride. Family fun for everyone. So, back to school for you too, huh? It is hard work going to school and working but, I figure it will pay off eventually. Hope you all are doing well. I am glad to see that the life vest I sent home with Ashley is getting good use!Too cute, with a handle and everything. Love you, Jenn

Michelle Lee said...

What a great post Debbie. I really enjoyed the video clips. The rocks must have been very slippery. I liked seeing everyone having a good time as a family. Sedona is really beautiful like places in Utah. It reminds me of Zion's Canyon. I bet it was nice to get out of the city and the heat for a little while. Your family keeps growing. Hope Aubrey and David are feeling better. So sad they couldn't go too. Any word on getting pregnant yet (Aubrey)? I want to send you guys some baby clothes that don't fit my girls already. No rush or anything...I will keep them all for the next person in the family who needs them. It sure was nice to have all those clothes for my twins. Thanks to Ashley and you!!!