Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy Mother's Day 2008

I'm posting almost a week late, but I had a wonderful Mother's Day and hope everyone else did too. Kris and Jamie came over on Saturday with Kaleb, Kylee and Cameron and we celebrated Mother's Day with them. Kaleb and Kylee were going to be leaving for Alaska for the summer so it was nice to spend the day with them. On Sunday, Ashley, Regen, April, Devon, Aubrey, David, Kirk, Alanna and myself celebrated after church. Kirk made Salmon Foil Packet Dinners that went out to the grill. Inside the packet was salmon, cherry tomatoes and asparagas. Oh... were they good, then he made garlic mashed potatoes and Aubrey made a beautiful layered fruit, angel cake and pudding desert.


Kris and Jamie and kids gave me this bamboo place mat and runner set and the candle holder...so cool.

April gave me this beautiful bouqet of Irises, it was so spectacular and I should've taken a picture of them on Sunday, today they're starting to turn, darn. Alanna gave me a bath and body gift card...a-shopping I'm a-going, yah. I also cut may hair, I love it, so easy to care for and nice and cool too, long hair in Phoenix summers is unbearable.I picked out eight shrubs, the other 4 are in the front. You can also see the extension of our patio the Kirk and his father built, I love it, as you can see, it's shady there now and all day long because of our patio roof and the grass wouldn't grow there. When we watered, we had mud and black mold, so hopefully the grass will fill in the patches. and the shrubs will fill in and give a nice mini privacy hedge and be a pretty divider. The shrub has tiny purple flowers.Aubrey and David gave me this pretty frame, I still have to put pictures in it and they also gave me new cutlery, yah!! We had the missionaries over for dinner Monday and it was so nice to be able to set the table with matching silverware.Ashley gave me this new frame for my wall, I need to add my own pictures to this one too. Isn' t it awesome.

Hopefully everyone is doing well, I would love to hear from Lisa, Brett, Kay-Lynn and Mom, time to update your blogs or send new emails. Love to everyone, Debbie

2 comments:

Jamie said...

You got some awsome Mother's day gifts mom but you deserve it:) We hope you have a safe trip to see the babies!

Love you

Michelle Lee said...

I love the picture frames that you got for Mother's Day. Your kids did a good job picking out some nice gifts for you. We can't wait to have you visit with us for a week. We keep our fingers crossed that maybe one baby will be home soon. See you on Friday night.