Monday, July 14, 2008

Our Trip to Oregon 2008 -- Day Two and Three

"We are off to Oregon to see my Great Grandma and Grandpa Bowman" says Regen, We left San Francisco Monday morning and traveled about 14 hours until we arrived in Portland. We spent the night and the next day we picked up our pop up trailer.
"This is such a long drive Grandma, when are we going to be there...maybe I'll take a little nap. " She was such a good little traveler.
When we finally reached Warrenton about 4:00 pm on Tuesday, we went straight to the beach. It's about a 10 minute walk from my parents home to the beach. It was just as beautiful as I remembered.
We took my sister Erica's daughter, Anna (12) and my brother Brett's two kids, Jazmine(12), and Ryan(11) by the way, what awesome kids. They couldn't keep out of the water, it was cold and windy...only kids would be that crazy.Jazmine, Ryan, Anna and Alanna. Kirk built a nice roaring fire to keep them warm.
This was Regens' first time at the beach, she loved the sand, but wasn't too sure about the freezing cold water.
The lighting was perfect, I love the glow on Regens face.
The three out of four cousins who will be 13 at the same time. Jessica, my sister Lisa's daughter would be arriving the following day.

Ashley and Regen, this was Ashleys first time at the Oregon coast too.

Three generations, how precious.
If you look really close, you can see that Regens was using all of her senses to experience the sand, (look at the corner of her mouth)
Ashley took this picture, it is quite breathtaking, I love the lighting and the great expanse of the ocean. Nice job Ash!
Then it was time for the annual smore making at the fire pit in my parents yard. Jaz is jamming to her own tune there, or maybe she's doing the yummy dance...So cute.

" Mom, if you don't quit taking pictures of me, so help me, I'll poke you with my marshmallow spear." Seriously, we have great memories and full tummies from our nightly fire pit get togethers.

Regen and Ashley along with Racer and Ryder. Regen enjoyed her first taste of a smore, yummy.
Here's Ryan, where else would you find an 11 year old boy, but in front of a fire, you're just like your Dad. Tomorrow, we are going into seaside, we can't wait.

1 comments:

Michelle Lee said...

Beautiful photos Debbie!! I love your humorous comments to go with the pictures. You sure make them look good with Picasa. I love the black and white one of Regen. How fun to experience things with her for the first time. Kids keep you young. I can't wait to see more.

Luv ya guys!!! Shelly